Hannah's blog

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Describe an Emotion:
I am sitting on a dam watching the lake water sway back and forth in the wind. As my head swells up, I begin to contemplate everything that has happened. There is a numbness creeping over my body. I begin to stare, not at anything in particular, but just to stare. To be still, in this one single moment, to take one moment just to relax, just to breathe. No thoughts go through my mind while I’m in this state, just blankness. Soon enough a sound engages me, and I lift my head to answer. It is nothing more than a past memory, which is seen so vividly, as if happening before my eyes. The wind begins to blow vigorously and the water twists and turns. Suddenly the dam burst, letting out the pounds of salty water that is has held up in the lake for many years. Slowly my body looses sight of my mind, and all action is un-restrained. When I turn back into consciousness, and the dam walls begin to repair, the wind calms, but the lake still remains, with the potential to crash through the walls of the dam at any moment, causing more destruction. Soon, in the distance, I see a figure walking my way, briskly as if they have somewhere to be in a hurry. As they approach me, and take my hand, they lead me away from the lake, and back into the comfort of my own room, and my own bed. Tucking me in, and putting me to sleep, underneath the fluffy and warm comforter, where I am safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home